Friday, September 16, 2011

You are so big and brave.


I am consistently impressed by your adventurous spirit and fearlessness. You are not scared of anything, not even people. And that is a quality that I admire in you and wish I possessed myself.

Earlier this week, Mr. Paul called me into his office at the church and told me that someone wanted to bless us. Some sweet angel who must have known how much you long to go to school had offered to pay for you to go to First United Methodist Preschool on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and, needless to say, you were thrilled.

We went to visit your school on Wednesday. The other kids were already seated for their snack and doing some kind of snacktime song and clapping that you didn't know. Nobody told you what to do, so you observed for a few seconds, then you went and sat down at an empty seat. The director looked at me with her eyebrows raised, and she told me later that not many kids would jump in like that.

I wasn't surprised, though. You are my brave girl, after all. I hope that I can learn that from you.

Anyway, you going to preschool now means that we won't be doing our little preschool at home anymore. That makes me a little sad, because I had really come to enjoy learning with you about rainbows and the sun and letters and Bible stories. We can still do that, just not Monday and Wednesday and Friday mornings. I'm so happy for you to be in a place where you will really thrive! I keep hearing what a great school it is, you already even have a friend there, and everything has fallen into place in such a way that I am certain this is a gift from God.

Here are some pictures of you from this morning, your first day of school. I love you, sweet big girl. I am proud to be your mother!
Love, mom

3 comments:

christine said...

happy for you both!! sweet to watch this unfold! <3

lisa said...

thanks, christine :) yeah, it's definitely been interesting and cool. at first i was like, "oh, God. thank you, but does this mean i was failing at teaching her?" but i don't think it's about that. i think that my doing preschool with her was more about teaching me something.

Trevor said...

so awesome